Subject: Re: SoundBlaster16 in a Raptor?
From: [email-masked] (John Crookshank)
To: Multiple recipients of list <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 6 Jan 1996 11:15:19 -0500

On 05-Jan-96 13:22:53, David Warner ([email-masked]) Emailed: 

> My apologies for the non-LightWave post...

> I've purchased a SoundBlaster16 card for my Raptor3 workstation and 
> installed it, but I'm having problems getting the software installed
> and configured....almost immediately in the installation process, I get 
> a message saying "Wrong Base I/O address or Sound Blaster 16 is not 
> detected at 220H"...I've tried other I/O addresses, but same deal.

> Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?  I was under the impression that a 
> SoundBlaster16 would work in my Raptor, but now I'm beginning to wonder.
> =(

>                                      -David Warner
>                                       [email-masked]
>                                       http://www.albany.net/~dwarner

Did you get the updated HAL file from Deskstation? It is required if you
are adding an SB card.

Regards, John.

--
      ______________________________________________________________
     /     John Crookshank         | Raptor3 DEC Alpha Workstations \
    |  MicroTech Solutions, Inc.   | Lightwave 3D, Toaster/Flyer     |
    | Desktop Video Systems Dealer | JVC Professional Video Products |
    | NewTek Systems Group Dealer  | PVR, Speed Razor, and more.     |
    |------------------------------|---------------------------------|
    |     [email-masked]              http://www.mt-inc.com/       |
     \______________________________________________________________/